Passage Update: Day 2

We've had a decent day today - just under 170nm in 24 hours. Conditions are good, if a bit bumpy, but the wind could get a bit light and fluky tonight. We have to decide whether to go south to get a better wind angle and try to stay on top of the low pressure systems before tracking back north, or to continue ENE along the rhumbline sailing downwind with the spinnaker and skirting the edge of a big high pressure system. We're not too keen on flying the spinnaker at night unless conditions are really stable, so that makes it tricky. But going the rhumbline would mean fewer miles... We'll see what the weather does tonight and make a decision in the morning.

In other news, Matt spotted a Wandering Albatross. They have the biggest wingspan of any land or sea bird and are incredible animals. They're also one of two things Matt is always keeping his eyes peeled for at sea. (The other is an unmanned boat adrift, preferably carrying suitcases full of cash.)

At 11-May-16 9:57 PM (utc) our position was 35�44.36'S 179�45.76'E

Do not push the "reply" button to respond to this message if that includes the text of this original message in your response. Messages are sent over a very low-speed radio link.

The most concise way to reply is to send a NEW message to: "Tamata" If you DO use your reply button, be sure to delete the original message text and these instructions from your reply.

Replies should not contain attachments and should be less than 5 kBytes (2 text pages) in length.

This email was delivered by an HF private coast station in the Maritime Mobile Radio Service, operated by the SailMail Association, a non-profit association of yacht owners. For more information on this service or on the SailMail Association, please see the web site at: